The accumulation of melanin is responsible for dark spots, uneven skin tone. So by reducing the excessive melanin we can restore the lost glow and tone of your skin.
The different types of treatments available for improving your skin tone are:
Chemical PeelsThey peel of the superficial layer of skin and give you an even tone.It can help to lighten the discoloured skin by removing skin tan and dark spots.
Laser Peels or Laser abrasionsHere LASER is used to break down the melanin pigment which will be gradually removed by the body through the natural immune system. It helps to reduce pigmentation and dull skin and gives you a much long lasting effect
Skin brightening creams/maskThere are a wide range of products which can give you a bleaching effect but it will not give you long lasting result and may not be feasible for long term use.
- Is the fairness treatment effect permanent?
- As we all know, the skin cells grow and shed frequently. Thus, to maintain the long term result it is important that you take proper care of your skin.
- What makes skin look dark?
- The skin looks dark due to prolonged exposure to sun and pollution. Darker skin can also result from heredity.
- How does skin brightening treatment work?
- There are several technologies and skin brightening treatment that can help in skin brightening. However, all of them aim at reducing the skin pigment called melanin, an abundance of which can cause the skin to be darker.
Dr. NithyaMBBS, DDVL
(Dermatologist , Cosmetologist)
- MBBS from Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai
- DDVL from Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai
- Worked as consultant Dermatologist & cosmetologist at Kaya clinic Coimbatore
- Review Resident as PSG Hospital Coimbatore
- Consultant Dermatalogist at swanika Hospital Coimbatore.
Dr. Krithi R UllalMBBS, DDVL
- MBBS Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore
- DDVL Dermatology Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore
- Fellowship in Aesthetic Dermatology and Injectables - Dr. Jamuna Pai Institute, Mumbai
- Senior Consultant Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Trichologist, Lourdes Hospital Kochi
- Senior Resident and specialty medical officer (Cosmetology), Kasturba medical college Mangalore
- Resident Doctor in Dept of dermatology, Christian medical college Vellore.