Warts and Skin Tags Removal
What are warts?
Warts are small lumps on the surface of the skin which usually occur on the fingers, knuckles and palms and feel firm to the touch. Warts do not cause pain but they could be itchy. Occasionally they may go away on their own, but this can take months or even years, so it is best to seek the advice of a dermatologist.
Causes for warts
Warts are caused by different strains of the human papilloma virus (HPV). They can spread easily through skin to skin contact and can also be passed on through indirect contact such as towels, shoes and floors. They are more likely to spread if the skin is wet or damaged. Also if you scratch a wart, the viral particles can easily spread to other areas of your skin.
LASERIn this a pulsed beam of light is used to destroy the fine blood supply to the warts and thereby causing its destruction
Radio FrequencyIt is a common mode of treatment, and it involves the principle of tissue destruction with various waveforms in the range of radiofrequency (500–4000 Khz).
Skin tags are small brown or flesh-coloured growths (usually a few millimeters to 5cm in size) that hang from the surface of your skin. They are made of loose collagen fibers and blood vessels surrounded by skin, and can look like warts or raised bumps. Although skin tags are common they are completely harmless, and they do not usually cause any pain or discomfort.
Causes for skin tags
Skin tags can affect both men and women. They most commonly occur where the skin folds or creases (most commonly on the neck, armpits, around the groin or under the breasts) and are more likely to affect people who are overweight for this reason. Skin tags can be hereditary, and people who have type 2 diabetes or are pregnant are also more prone to them. Some people can also develop them for no apparent reason.
How can skin tags be removed?
They can also be removed in the same way as warts are removed.
- Is wart removal a painful procedure?
- The procedure is usually done after applying local anesthesia so that you do not experience any pain during the procedure.
- How many sessions of treatment do I need?
- It depends on the number of warts and the sizes of the warts. If they are small ones and fewer in number it needs only a single sitting. But if there are numerous warts you may need to come for a review session.
Dr. NithyaMBBS, DDVL
(Dermatologist , Cosmetologist)
- MBBS from Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai
- DDVL from Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai
- Worked as consultant Dermatologist & cosmetologist at Kaya clinic Coimbatore
- Review Resident as PSG Hospital Coimbatore
- Consultant Dermatalogist at swanika Hospital Coimbatore.
Dr. Krithi R UllalMBBS, DDVL
- MBBS Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore
- DDVL Dermatology Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore
- Fellowship in Aesthetic Dermatology and Injectables - Dr. Jamuna Pai Institute, Mumbai
- Senior Consultant Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Trichologist, Lourdes Hospital Kochi
- Senior Resident and specialty medical officer (Cosmetology), Kasturba medical college Mangalore
- Resident Doctor in Dept of dermatology, Christian medical college Vellore.