What is PRP treatment?
- PRP is a non–surgical treatment for people who require stimulation of hair growth.
- What is the procedure for PRP?
- The doctor takes a little blood which is then treated in a centrifuge so that only the enriched cells or platelets (PRP) remain. The PRP or highly concentrated Platelet Rich Plasma, including essential growth proteins, is injected into the scalp or areas to be treated using a special micro needle. It possible to use PRP Hair Loss Therapy alone to promote hair growth or it can also be used in combination with hair transplant or restoration surgery.
- Who should opt for PRP?
- People who have thinning hair, and those with androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness— hair loss at the top of the scalp and a receding hairline particularly along the temples), women with male pattern alopecia can all benefit from it.
- Are the results of PRP guaranteed?
- No guarantees of success can be made but PRP preliminary studies indicate patients can respond to PRP therapy. Some hair restoration surgeons apply PRP to the scalp for those patients who are not surgical candidates every three (3) to four (4) months. Other protocols will use PRP before or during surgery to ensure graft survivability.
PRP is a potential emerging non–surgical therapy for natural hair follicle stimulation for thinning hair. Larger clinical studies are pending but the current medical literature contains numerous optimistic results. Although a few controlled studies exist, anecdotal and case reports are the primary sources reflecting success with PRP therapy.
- Who should not have PRP treatment?
- Patients with history of heavy smoking, drug and alcohol use, medical diagnosis such as platelet dysfunction syndromes, thrombocytopenia, hypofibrinogenaemia, hemodynamic instability, sepsis, acute and chronic infections, chronic liver disease, chronic skin diseases or cancer, metabolic and systemic disorders and people undergoing anti–coagulation therapy.
- Advantages of PRP Therapy against hair loss are:
- - Simple, non-surgical procedure
- Safe and reliable results
- Very quick recovery period
In the process of harvesting PRP, it is definitely a concern how to get enriched platelets and maximum concentration to get best results in a shorter span of treatment for maximum patient satisfaction
So for ensuring the richest harvest of PRP we use a novel technique of Activated PRP. In this technique we use a special PRP kit containing a particular high quality non-reactive gel which is mixed with the withdrawn blood before centrifugation. It gives us better separation of RBCs and Plasma. It also include an advanced PH regulator which act as an activator which yield a platelet concentration of around 3x-4x than in normal blood. This can lead to better results in hair re-growth and facial rejuvenation also.