Find out answers to more questions
- How many days of rest or leave are needed after hair transplantation?
- Usually in FUE procedure the donor is mostly healed by 3–4 days after surgery. By one week after surgery, the hair will have grown back enough to cover the places we take the hair from. So we advise for three days rest and they can go with daily routines after 7 days, but they should avoid heavy exercises.
- When should you take head bath after surgery?
- Patient can wash his hair gently after 7 days, but for patient’s safety we tell them to avoid head baths up to 10 to 12 days. After 12 days hospital nurses remove the clots gently.
- Why to avoid heavy exercises after hair transplant
- Usually we advise them to avoid high intensity exercise or sports activity for around 3-4 weeks. This is because such activities increase the blood flow to scalp. This may lead to bleeding in transplants and incisions.
- What else need to be avoided after hair transplant?
- They should avoid head bath at least for 10 days, should avoid helmet usage for one month, and avoid swimming and oil application also.
- What precautions should I take?
- • Do not drink any alcohol one week prior to the procedure.
- • Do not take any drugs containing aspirin.
- • Strictly avoid smoking two weeks prior to the procedure.
- • Shampoo/rinse hair well with the prescribed shampoo either the night before or on the day of surgery.
- • If you have grey hair, you need to dye your hair 2 days prior to surgery.
On the day of surgery
- • Please makes sure that you have breakfast.
- • Do not wear any clothing that needs to be pulled over your head to be removed. Wear a button or zip–down shirt.
- • Due to the drugs administered during the procedure you will not be able todrive after the surgery. So please make arrangements for someone to drive you before and after the procedure.
- In how many days can I resume work
- Most patients find that they are able to return to work the next day, while others may elect to relax at home for an additional day or two.
- How long should I wear the cap?
- You will be given surgical caps which you have to wear for the first few days after surgery to prevent any infections. It is ideal to wear this cap till the clot removal day. Once the implanted area is cleaned and clots removed you can stop using this cap.
- Is Hair Transplantation Painful
- FUE technique is done under local anesthetic so that you will not observe any pain during the procedure. Mild discomfort may occur as the local anesthetic is injected in to the scalp and after surgery also they feel some minor discomfort. But it is usually described as minimal.
- Will I feel pain during the procedure?
- You will be given a local anaesthesia in both the donor and the recipient area to numb the area so that you will not experience any pain and it will ensure that you are completely comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Will I feel pain after going home and next days?
Some soreness, tightness and possibly some numbness are normal and to be expected.In the next few days, some scabbing in the recipient sites may be present, as well as moderate redness. Swelling may also appear on the forehead, but this is typically rare. However, soreness and numbness in the donor area should begin to disappear in the days following the procedure. While some patients report a sensation similar to that of mild sunburn in the recipient areas following the procedure, there is generally little or no discomfort in the recipient area after the first few days following the procedure.
- Can I get the hairline that I desire?
- Hairline depends on various factors like your current hair, width of your forehead, shape of your face etc. Our doctor will advise you which hairline will look good and is suitable depending on the above factors.
- What are the side effects?
- There are no long term side effects. (There may be are swelling, minor discomfort, and local inflammation which gets cleared up within a few weeks.)
- Are hair structures same all over body and scalp?
- Different parts of the body sprout different types of hair and they have different cycle also. The hair on the scalp, like that on the face, grows in three steps–but the hair on the face has a much shorter growing phase. These steps include the active growth phase (anagen), the transitional phase (catagen–when growth stops) and the falling out phase (telogen). On the scalp, this cycle lasts for years; on the face it is a matter of months.
- What is hair transplantation?
- Hair transplantation is a surgical technique that removes hair follicle from one area of head called the 'donor site', to a bald or balding part of the body known as the 'recipient site’. Apart from back side of head we can take hairs from beard, shoulders, and chest.
- What are the types of hair transplantation?
- There are two main types of transplantation follicular unit transplantation (FUT) and follicular unit extraction (FUE).
- What is the difference between FUE and FUT?
- Both are methods of hair extraction where in FUT whole strip of hair bearing skin is removed and defect is sutured back whereas in FUE individual follicles are extracted.
- How long does an FUE procedure lasts
- A standard FUE takes 4 to 6 hours. The procedure is lengthy because the grafts of hair are very delicate and have to be transplanted individually.
- Why is hair taken from the back side of head?
- Sides of head and back side of head considering as safe zone because, that hair follicles are hormone (DHT) resistant and provide better donor follicles than other areas of the scalp.
- How should we maintain the implanted hairs? Is there any need to take medicines, PRPs etc.
- Depending upon the stage of hair loss the surgeons may advise you to take some medicines or PRPs to strengthen and nourish your hair during the initial stages.
- What all factors will affect the growth of implanted hairs?
- Though we have done a very good case, the result will depend mainly on the quality of the patient’s grafts, the thickness and texture of his hairs etc. dandruff etc.
- How will hair grow after transplantation? What are the stages of implanted hair growth? What is the life of transplanted hairs?
- Hair will grow normally after transplantation but it takes time. Usually normal hair has three stages of growth. So implanted hair also follow that cycle. Hair growth occurs in three stages. Up to one month after implantation hair grows up to 1 to 2 cm. From one month onwards shedding phase starts and it will continue till four months. From fourth month, hair will start to redraw but the visible thick hair growth will be visible after 6 to 8 months. It is lifetime, as the donor area is the permanent zone.
- What is the cost of hair transplant?
- The cost of hair transplantation will depend on several factors. This includes but is not limited to the number of grafts, the area to be covered by the transplant, the quality of the grafts, the nature of the hair, the condition of the scalp etc. All these will be assessed by the doctor during the consultation after which the price will be calculated.
- What is clot removal? Why it is done?
- After implantation tiny blood clots may be formed in the implanted site. The removal of these clots is done on the 12th day of the procedure. This is done by the nurse at Hair O Craft who cleans the area (without damaging the grafts) under the supervision f the surgeon. This is to ensure that there is no infection in the implanted site and the grafts are in tact.
- What are the causes of hair fall? What is male pattern baldness? How does hormone affects hair?
There are many factors for hair fall, mainly genetic factors, life style related, hormonal, thyroid disorders, and fungal infections. Male pattern baldness is also called androgenic alopecia which is usually due to hormonal factors and genetic factors.
Androgens have many functions, including regulating the hair growth. Each hair on our head has a growth cycle. With androgenic alopecia, this growth cycle begins to weaken and the hair follicle shrinks, producing shorter and finer strands of hair. Eventually, the growth cycle for each hair ends and no new hair grows in its place.
- What are the solutions for hair thinning?
- Investigate and treat accordingly. Hair thinning is usually due to the androgen effect. So we can give hormone suppressing tablet. But long term usage of these medications may produce ill effects. PRP can be a solution for hair thinning to certain extent.
Call 91 43 43 43 00
Whatsapp +91 89 43 35 59 97