As you go about your daily life, your skin collects dirt and other pollutants. Peels help to remove this and deeply exfoliate and brighten the skin. The treatment stimulates new cell growth and collagen production, helping to reveal fresher, clearer, brighter skin.
How do Chemical Peels work?
Different types of peels available
Peels may be broadly classified into Superficial and deeper peels based on their type, strength and PH content.
AHAs are the mildest of all chemical peels. They are primarily beneficial for the treatment of very fine lines, dry and dehydrated skin, mild skin and pigment irregularities and acne.
BHAs tend to work very well on oily skin types, helping to control oil production, on acne prone and congested skin. They can penetrate a little more deep than the AHAs.
(TCA) peels are medium depth peels. TCA peels can be used effectively in treating pigment irregularities, sun damage, deeper wrinkles and acne.
All these peels are available in a range of strengths and combinations and have different brand names. Our dermatologists and skin specialists will select the right one for you based on the nature and requirements of your skin.
- How many sessions of chemical peel are usually needed?
- Usually you need to take around 4 to 6 sessions before you see any visible change. The interval between the sessions will range from 2 weeks to 1 month depending upon your skin type.
- What care should be taken after doing chemical peel?
- After the peel your old skin layer is exfoliated and you start developing new healthy skin. So you should take all precautions to protect it from the harmful light. You should use a sunscreen (strictly recommended by your dermatologist based on your skin type) regularly to protect your new skin. You should also drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
Dr. Nipa ArunMBBS, MD, DNB
(Dermatology Venereology and Leprosy)
- MBBS from Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram
- MD Dermatology, from Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram
- DNB Dermatology
- Fellowship in Aesthetic Medicine from Institute of Laser and Aesthetic Medicine
- worked as Consultant Dermatologist and Cosmetologist at Cosmetic,Chacka and Rejuva Skin Care, Pettah.
- Senior Resident doctor in Dr SMCSI Medical College, Karakoram
- Senior Resident doctor in Department of Dermatology, Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram
- Resident Medical Officer in SUT Pattom
Dr. Farha P Nazeer(M.B.B.S) D.D.V.L
Consultant Dermatologist & Cosmetologist
- MBBS from Government. Medical College, Kottayam. 2015
- D.D.V.L from Madras Medical College, Chennai 2018-2020